King County Metro Transit officials are honing in on changes to Renton’s metro service.
It’s a long and involved process, but the result is expected to provide better service to riders and cut unnecessary costs to King County Metro.
The process is just now getting under way with two open houses held this week, one at Renton Technical College and one at Renton High School, where about two dozen public transit riders attended to learn about the proposed changes which include:
- Discontinuation of route 110 after the start of the Rapid Ride F Line in the fall of 2013.
- Changes to the 909 DART to Kennydale.
- Discontinuation of the 908 Dial-A-Ride (or DART) service through the East Renton Highlands. It is closely married already by the 105. If either the 908 or 909 were discontinued, 105 would be revised, said Metro Service Planner Doug Johnson.
- Route 155 from Fairwood to Southcenter would change from a bus to DART “for efficiency purposes,” said Johnson.
Johnson and fellow Metro Service Planner Jana Demas have spend days riding the bus routes with proposed changes to collect rider feedback.
DeAnna Martin, community relations planner, said King County Metro Continues to work with the City of Renton and Boeing on changes to the 110 and possible extension of the F Line, which is proposed to run from Burien to the Renton Transit Center.
The City of Renton has applied for a Regional Mobilty Grant, which would fund the extension of F Line from the Transit Center to The Landing.
The grant winners will be announced in the spring, she said.
“If Renton gets the grant, it’s only good for four years, and then we’d need to find additional funding,” Martin added.
King County Metro will continue to take public comment through December 7. Submit comments here: metro.kingcounty.gov/have-a-say and click on “Renton Transit Restructure,” or comments and questions can be emailed to HaveASay@kingcounty.gov, or shared by phone at 206-263-9768.
More on Patch:
- RapidRide To Service Renton Starting Fall 2013
- Rep. Reichert Shows Support For F Line