.

Unattended Space Heater Sparks Skyway Fire, Causes $50,000 In Damages

Renton Fire and Emergency Services assisted Skyway Fire with battling the balze that broke out just before 9 p.m. Friday.

A propane heater left near combustible materials caused an estimated $50,000 in damages to a garage and shed Friday just before 9 p.m.

Renton Fire and Emergency Services assisted Skyway Fire with battling the blaze, located in the 7600 block of S. 126th St., said Skyway Fire Spokesperson Dave Nelson.

Despite the property loss, no one was injured in the fire.

The King County Sheriff Fire Investigation Unit determined the fire was accidental.

More on Patch:

  • How To Safetly Heat Your Home: Tips From The Fire Marshal
  • Hot Ashes Cause Early Morning Renton Home Fire
  • Kids & Fire: Tips For Preventing Disaster
  • National Fire Sprinkler Association Observes National Fire Prevention Week

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »