A kitchen fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damages to a home in the Bryn Mawr neighborhood Monday night.
King County Fire District 20 (Skyway Fire), Renton Fire and Emergency Services, Tukwila Fire and King County Medic One responded to the home in the 8200 block of S. 123rd St. just after 7:30 p.m.
First responders arrived to find white smoke coming from the house and an active fire in kitchen. Fire was quickly knocked down by Renton firefighters to limit the damage to the kitchen and living room, according to a report from Skyway Fire.
The fire occurred after food was left on a hot stove. No one was injured in the kitchen fire. The family is receiving assistance from other family members until their home can be repaired.
Food should not be left on the stove unattended.