This week BECU installed a new, outdoor ATM at its storefront at The Landing in Renton.
Today, Friday, December 14, the credit union announced that it will give away "free" cash on this last payday before Christmas.
A traveling team of BECU ambassadors will surprise holiday-harried BECU members at four Neighborhood Financial Centers with free money between 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in Renton.
The ambassadors promise a $5 check to each member at the store during that time and will show customers how to use the new Mobile Check Deposit app.
"BECU is a community of people who care about helping one another. Surprising people in line is one way BECU is celebrating its members and giving back during the holidays," said a BECU spokesperson.
If you miss the Renton event, there will be several others throughout the day in Seattle and Lynnwood.
- Friday, December 14, 2012 between 9:30 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Renton Landing
- 11:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Broadway (Capitol Hill)
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. 2nd & Pine (Downtown Seattle)
- 4:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Lynnwood