The Pacific Northwest is known for its mild summers, but this week is an exception with temperatures expected to hit the 90s.
How do you plan to keep your cool?
We've gathered a few ideas from local government, public facilities and businesses, but we'd like to hear your ideas, too.
- The City of Renton will open the and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and Friday as a public place to stay cool. .
- Renton's Libraries are a great place enjoy AC and a good book. We posted several summer reading lists in June, including , , and a . What are your summer reading recommendations?
- Watch a movie at at in Renton. Click here for their movie schedule.
- Trouble keeping your four-legged friend cool? Take them to at . They'll be open from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Pets need to be in a crate or on a leash.
- Grab an iced coffee or tea at Starbucks, or another local coffee shop. program through the month of August to make afternoon drinks a little more affordable.
- Hit the ice at Castle Ice Arena in the Renton Highlands. Public skate times for Thursday and Friday are 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Friday night from 8:30 - 11:30 p.m.
- Slip and slide at .
- Take a dip at (and don't forget the sunscreen!).