Finally, sunshine is in store for the Downtown Renton Farmers Market! Stop in for your favorite fresh veggies, savory meats and cheeses and fresh flowers.
Bring the kids for arts and crafts in the Kid's Patch, while adults may learn a thing or two at the Master Gardener Clinic. Visit members of King County Noxious Weeds in the market's community booth to learn how to safely and effectively rid your yard and neighborhood of unwanted weeds.
This week's Taste of Renton will feature Deano's Bistro from 4:30 - 5 p.m. the stick around for live entertainment by Betty's Dancers from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Market Schedule for Tuesday, July 3, 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm:
- Taste of Renton: Deano's Bistro 4:30 - 5 p.m.
- Entertainment: Betty's Dancers 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Kid's Patch: 3 - 6 p.m.
- Master Gardener Clinic: 3 - 6:15 p.m.
Need a little recipe inspiration for your Market produce? This week's featured recipe involves peaches, but we're not talking about desert. Mix these sweet treats with a hot habanero kick for a salsa to remember.
Apricot Salsa (Recipe courtesy of the Renton Farmers Market)
- 3 cups chopped fresh apricot
- 1 cup shallots, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Mix the apricots, shallots, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, pineapple, cherry tomatoes, habanero pepper, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and lime juice together in a bowl; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.