Hundreds of spectators will fill Renton's Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park on Friday, Nov. 30 for a special countdown and dazzling display of the 19th annual Ivar's Clam Lights. Normally quiet after dark, the park will resonate with holiday songs and the glow of thousands of tiny lights.
Families can look forward to rides in a covered horse-drawn wagon, an appearance by Santa, entertainment by Erwilian, a bonfire and holiday sing-a-long led by Michelle Bettinger, Rainier Yacht Club's "Parade of Boats," and a visit by the Argosy Christmas Ship featuring The NW Girlchoir Amore Ensemble. The park will remain lit every night through Jan. 1 from 5 to 9 p.m. Check out Patch's video account of Mayor Denis Law's countdown to the 2010 lighting ceremony, then bundle up and visit the park for yourself!
Schedule of Events:
- 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. – Erwilian, Acoustic Holiday Entertainment
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Ride in Santa’s Covered Wagon
- 7:00 p.m. – Welcome and Official Lighting by Mayor Denis Law
- 7:15 to 8:00 p.m. – Bonfire & Community Sing-Along with Michelle Bettinger, North Picnic Shelter
- 7:30 p.m. – Rainier Yacht Club’s “Parade of Boats”
- 8:00 to 8:20 p.m. – Argosy Christmas Ship with NW Girlchoir Amore Ensemble