Melrose Grill is housed in an old building dating back to 1901. Originally built as a hotel, cafe and saloon, it flourished during Prohibition as a pool room, card room and "soda parlor." Although the top two floors were lost to a fire, the saloon, with its impressive carved wood and mirror-backed bar, was spared. Owners Armondo Pavone and his partners purchased the building in 1997, and the Melrose Grill opened on January 13, 2002. The interior features high-backed wooden booths and tables and blown-glass lamps made by the owner himself. The menu offers delicious steaks, pork chops, chicken and seafood, along with three to four specials each day. Melrose Grill seats 82 with 10 in the bar.