"Kids" are this week's special attraction at the Renton Farmers Market.
Bring the kids for "Talent Day," arts and crafts in the Kid's Patch, and a learning-good-time at the Master Gardener Clinic booth. Visit members from the in the Community Booth this week for information on current and upcoming exhibits. This week's Taste of Renton will feature from 4:30 - 5 p.m. () then stick around for live entertainment provided by the Renton community during the Kids Talent Day 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
What's on your shopping list this week? Last week we published a recipe for Swiss Chard . This week the market offers a take on blueberry bread, with a zucchini twist.
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bakingsoda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.