While there’s no Fourth of July parade in Renton, the City hosts one heck of a big party on America’s most patriotic holiday.
Celebrate Independence Day at Renton’s with your family, friends and neighbors while enjoying free children's activities, face-painting, live entertainment and a professional fireworks display.
Attendance at Renton’s Fourth of July celebration has , with many more viewing the beautiful night-time fireworks display from boats, canoes, kayaks, West Hill, Mercer Island, Newcastle, and Renton's Kennydale and Highlands neighborhoods, according to the City.
Bring your own picnics, or purchase food at the Beachside Concession Stand by the beach, or at Ivar’s and Kidd Valley near the overwater walkways.
- 7 a.m. - Park Opens
- Noon - 8:00 p.m. - Free KidZone Activities, Inflatables & Face-painting for Kids sponsored by Coal Creek Family YMCA
- 1:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Stage Entertainment sponsored bySanctuary & The Reserve Apartments
- 10 p.m. - Fireworks off the Shores of Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
Free KidZone Activities include Orbitron Spin, Giant Inflatable Slide, Obstacle Course, Ball Pond and face-painting too provided by the Lindbergh High School Cheer Squad.
(Entertainment Stage located in the grass amphitheatre on the north side of Kidd Valley and Ivar's)
1:30 p.m. - Renton City Concert Band
3:00 p.m. - Guys & Dolls, Teen Musical Vignette
4:00 p.m. - Erwilian, Contemporary Folk
5:45 p.m. - The Stacy Jones Band, Blues
7:15 p.m. - Official Welcome & National Anthem
8:00 p.m. - Oncore - R&B Dance Hits
The 20 minute fireworks display, launched from a barge in Lake Washington at 10:00 p.m., will cater to spectators along the shoreline. This spectacular fireworks show is also visible from the hills surrounding Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Parking is extremely limited at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Courtesy Pick-Up, Drop-Off, Unload and Load ONLY will be available in the Boat Launch area. Please Note: attendees who are NOT picked up before 10:00 p.m., will need to wait for pick-up until approximately 11:15 p.m. when Lake Washington Blvd. N. has reopened. No vehicular parking in the Boat Launch area.
- Parking is not permitted along Lake Washington Blvd. N.
- Street parking is available on Houser Way N., accessible from Lake Washington Blvd. N. and using the underpass going under NE Park Drive.
- Event parking will be available on the top two floors at the parking garage at The Landing. Please note: parking will not be permitted in the other "surface lots" at The Landing.
- Event parking will be available in the parking lot located at N. 8th St., Park Ave. N., and Garden Ave. N. "Event Parking" signs will be posted at this lot.
- Parking for a fee will be available at The Bristol Apartments at Southport along Lake Washington, located between Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park and The Boeing Company.
- Parking at all locations is at your own risk; do not leave valuables in vehicle.
- There is no shuttle service provided to offsite parking areas.
Street Closure - Lake Washington Blvd. N.
Vehicle access to Lake Washington Blvd. N. will be restricted beginning at 10:15 p.m. to facilitate safe exit of pedestrians and vehicular traffic from Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park. Lake Washington Blvd. N. will reopen to normal traffic at approximately 11:15 p.m.
Boat Launch Hours
The following hours will be enforced at the Boat Launch:
- 9:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m. - No launching or pick-up of watercraft at the boat launch
Personal fireworks, alcohol, pets, animals, pop-up canopies, enclosed tents, table umbrellas, and large barbecues are prohibited. No nets or poles installed; no projectiles (i.e. frisbees, footballs). Small umbrellas and umbrella-chairs are allowed. Only small-size barbecues will be permitted on July 4th.
Personal fireworks are prohibited within the City of Renton, including the park. The Police and Fire Departments will actively enforce the ban.
*Editor’s Note: Event details provided by the City of Renton.