Renton High School Head Boys Basketball Coach Rick Comer was nominated and selected for the Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association (WIBCA) Hall of Fame Class of 2014, reports Assistant Principal and Athletic Director Wendell Ellis.
Ellis highlights some of Comer’s accomplishments:
- This will be his 23rd season as Head Boys Basketball Coach at Renton High since 1991
- Total win/loss record is 395-168
- He has had 20 winning seasons at RHS
- He has finished in the top four of league 20 times
- He has had 19 teams qualified for District play
- He has had 8 teams qualified for state
- League Championships 10
- District Championships: 2
- League Champion: 1995, 1994, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2013
- State: 2003-7th place, 2004 – 4th place, 2008- 5th place, 2013- 5th place
- Rick was also named Seattle Times Coach of the year in 2002, and 2006
"When I shared the news with Rick today about his accomplishment, his first remarks were this is great for the school! After 23 years Rick still thinks and puts others before himself. A true mark of a great Man. Thank you Rick, for all of your year that you have devoted to RHS! GO INDIANS!" wrote Ellis.