Ice and snow continue to affect traffic, power, government and business across the state. Governor Christine Gregoire delared a "winter storm emergency" Thursday and the City of Renton is asking residents to stay off the roads in light of an .
City crews worked through the night to remove as much snow and slush as possible, according to the City. However, below-freezing overnight temperatures were a recipe for icy roads Thursday morning.
- City of is closed today.
- Renton Municipal Airport is closed today.
- is closed today.
- Center will close at 4 p.m. instead of 5p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 19. The lunch program is canceled.
- All KCLS library branches in Renton are closed today.
- There will be no garbage, recycling or yard waste collection today.
- All gated parks are closed. Crews will evaluate ice conditions in the parking lots and re-open them when safe.
- The lower walk of the Cedar River Trail is closed between Bronson and Logan. The Cedar River Trail is also closed from I-405 to 131st.
- City of Renton recreation classes are canceled when the .
- A will remain open tonight, Jan. 19, due to expected overnight low temperatures.
As of 10:20 a.m., , including the Maplewood Golf Course. If you absolutely must travel by car, check the Washington State Department of Transportation's road closure map. The only road closure reported currently in Renton is South 192nd Street between Talbot and 102nd.