A natural gas leak inside the downtown Renton Safeway forced all customers and employees to evacuate the store.
Renton Fire and Emergency Services crews responded to the gas leak at South Thirds Street just after 4 p.m. A vendor reportedly broke a one-inch pipe to a heater located at the back of the store.
Firefighters evacuated the building, shut off the gas line and contacted Puget Sound Energy (PSE). PSE crews responded and gave the all-clear for employees and customers to re-enter the building at 4:39 p.m.
There were no injuries associated with this incident, according to Deputy Chief Bill Flora.