The search is on to replace current King County Fire District 20 (Skyway Fire) Chief Dave Crossen, who will retire at the end of the year.
The candidate pool includes six finalists who will be on hand Sunday October 7 from 3-4:30 p.m. at the Fire Training/Administration Building, located at 12424 76 Ave South. The event is open to the public and will provide an opportunity to listen to the finalists and provide feedback to the fire commissioners as they begin their selection process. Each of the finalists will be given a few minutes to address the audience in any way they wish. At the end of the presentations the candidates will mingle with the audience. There will be comment cards available for audience members to write their comments about the candidates. The cards will be forwarded to the fire commissioners.
The finalist are:
- Battalion Chief Gregory Cassell, Clark County Fire Department - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fire Training Officer Martin Fowler, Snohomish Fire & Rescue - Snohomish, WA
- Fire Chief James Langborg, Fire Chief - Templeton, CA· Chief David Nielson, South Lane County Fire & Rescue - Cottage Grove, OR
- Former Renton and Maple Valley Fire Deputy Chief Lawrence Rude – Maple Valley, WA
- Interim Fire Chief Michael Sherman at Idyllwild Fire Protection District - Idyllwild, CA
- Former Fire Chief Gregory Spencer of Yakima County Fire District #4 - Yakima, WA
King County Fire District 20 is a combination district (volunteer and career) serving the residents of West Hill (Skyway, Lakeridge, Bryn Mawr, and Campbell Hill) just outside of Seattle and responds to more than 2,000 calls each year.