My name is Quyen Phan and I am the owner of Saigon Sunset. I just wanted to clarify a few things.
Our name is Saigon Sunset: not Sunset Saigon Yes we were shut down, and we reopen under saigon sunset, which we had plans and made the name change two months ago with the state (Ed. Note: This error has since been corrected. Renton Patch regrets the error.)
We RE-OPEN w/ a PERFECT SCORE, REASONS WE WERE CLOSE:
- EGGROLLS: NO TIME LOG (TIME AS CONTROL) 25 POINTS
- SPRING ROLLS: ROOM TEMPERATURE, NEEDED TIME CONTROL (25 POINTS)
- BEAN SPROUTS 46F, TOO HOT, CAN'T SIT ON ICE 10 POINTS
- EGGS ON MIDDLE SHELVES IN BASKET (10) THIS IS CROSS CONTAMINATION WHEN AND IF EGGS BREAKS
- NOODLES: NOT COLD ENEUGH, 25 POINTS,
- BROTH, NEEDED TO FOLLOW PROPER METHOD OF COOLING, TOGETHER WITH NOODLES NO COLD THERMOTER
Now while I totally agree that all is is BAD and it is something that needed to be address immediatly, it is something that can be fix easily and i thought it was a little harsh to shut us down. It could have fix all this problems within 30 mins and that would help a small business Stay in business and continue to pay taxes, create jobs, renew health permits, and provide great food for a town that desperately needs it.
While I understand that you are doing your job, I feel that you should give us a chance to regain the people trust and not hurt us further and try to kill a small business. Renton is tough enough to stay in business without the added pressure of the media.
I think you take a look for yourself how clean we are, semi open kitchen, and note that the health inspection only notes temperature violations and not one thing about us not being clean.
We take great pride in what we do and we've taken every step necessarily to make it right. I just hope that you could look further into the whole situation and help a small business stay in business by giving us a fair shot.
Thank you for taking the time to read.