1. Rain, rain go away ... nope, it didn't work. Showers remain in the forecast for today, although the steady beat of rain will decrease from 80 percent today to 30 percent tonight, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature will remain cool, topping off at 58ºF.
2. Tuesday is the opening day of the Renton Farmer's Market. Mayor Denis Law will kick off the 2012 season with the tradition of ringing a cow bell at 2:45 p.m. at Piazza Renton. Remember to also mark Sunday, June 10 on your calendar for the kick off the second year of the r on 11:45 am.
3. EVENT CANCELED: Hazen High School science students are all geared up to help Renton view the TransitVenus starting at 3 p.m., Tuesday, June 5 — Let's hope the weather will cooperate because this astrological event won't happen for another 105 years!
4. If there's a chance that we'll get to see the sun this evening, then there's a good chance that we'll also .
According to National Geographic, this is a rare occurrence which will peak at 3 p.m. PST, when the planet crosses between the Earth and the sun, and one that won't happen again until 2117!
5. Take a run in the rain with at The Landing. Sign in at 5:30 p.m., the weekly group run starts at 6, followed by a raffle at 6:45. Get to know your new running buddies afterward at in downtown Renton. Check out their Facebook events page for more details.