It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Renton Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit.
- Where/When: Opens everywhere on Friday, July 15.
- Why Go: For all the Harry Potter fans out there, you've probably been counting down the days for this premiere. So get out to your local theater this weekend watch this highly anticipated sequel to the final installment of the Harry Potter series. The Regal Cinemas at The Landing will be playing the film on three screens and you'll get your choice of watching it in 3D or 2D. Buy your tickets in advance though, these showings may sell out, especially the 3D showings.
- Cost: Tickets range between $7.50 and $12.50.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at in Mercer Island.
- This weekend is shaping up to be a nice one again, so take advantage of the warm weather and do something outside. Like checking out the Seattle Shakespeare Company's production of The Comedy of Errors at the Luther Burbank Park Amphitheatre. You'll be in for a night of entertainment and it's also the perfect opportunity for you to have that picnic in the park you've been meaning to get to this summer.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Sat, July 16 at The Landing in Renton.
- Why Go: Looking to get a little jazz out of your weekend? Be sure to check out the Jazz in July concert going on this Saturday at The Landing in Renton. Local jazz musician Chris Amemiya will be performing with some special guests. Sample a few of Chris's songs from his Myspace page to get an idea of what you'll hear.
- Cost: The concert is free. Food donations for Northwest Harvest will be accepted.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. Sat, July 16 at the .
- Why Go: Use this Saturday to learn a little bit about Renton's past at this free tour of the Renton History Musuem. You'll get a first hand look at some of the 90,000 photo's, books, and collections of coal mining and fire-fighting artifacts that help document Renton's History. The tour is appropriate for elementary students through adults.
- Cost: Free. No reservations necessary, unless there are more then five people in your group.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. Sunday, July 17 at .
- Why Go: The U.S. is on a roll and now are traveling to Frankfurt to take on Japan in the FIFA Women’s World Cup Finals. The Pickled Onion will be showing the game and has tons of TV's scattered throughout the bar. So even if you don't get the best seat in the house, you're sure to have a decent view. Go USA!
- Cost: No cover.