It’s Thursday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Renton Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 5-9 p.m. Fri, Aug 5 at .
- Why Go: Local multi-media artist, Jennifer Brooks-Owen is back at Happy Delusions this Friday by popular demand. Jennifer's work ranges from handmade glass jewelry to multi-media paintings on paper. This is your chance to meet the artist, ask questions and to view her latest floral pieces. So head over to Happy Delusions and enjoy some wine, tasty treats and of course, the art. Wondering what you'll see? Check out the Happy Delusions Weblog for a sneak peak at two of pieces on display.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 12-6 p.m. Sat, Aug 6 at Cedar River Cellars (2525 Ferndale Ave NE, Renton, WA 98056)
- Why Go: Renton's very own Cedar River Cellars is opening up its doors to host a meet-and-greet this Saturday. Enjoy some wine and light appetizers as you meet the owners and winemaker behind this local award winning winery.
- Cost: Free. Wine will be available for purchase, please bring ID.
- Note: The winery is located at a residential address. Please be respectful of the neighbors and the home. Biking or walking is preferred, but street parking is available.
- Where/When: 1:30-2:30 p.m. Fri, Sat, and Sunday at .
- Why Go: One of the best places to catch the Blue Angels this weekend has got to be at Gene Coulon. Grab the family, friends, and a picnic and enjoy pure raw power that is the Blue Angels! Get to the park early to claim your spot, it's sure to be crowded. Can't wait until Friday? Check out this Youtube clip of Angels in action, or try visiting the Blue Angels website.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 1:30 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. on Saturday at the .
- Why Go: Just when you thought there wouldn't be a football season this year, the players and the NFL pull it together and saves our Sundays! And training camp is already underway! So get a jump start on scouting this year's squad and attend one of the fifteen Seahawk practices open to the public.
- Cost: $5 transportation fee from the Landing at Renton to the VMAC.
- Where/When: 9 p.m. on Sundays at Berliner Pub.
- Why Go: Looking for a new Karaoke spot to unleash your inner rock star or diva at? Stop by the Berliner Pub this Sunday night for its new Sunday Night Karaoke hosted by DJ Chameleon. Need a little liquid courage before you step on stage? The Berliner can help you out with that too.
- Cost: No cover.
Want more? here's what some of our readers suggested on the Renton Patch Facebook Page:
- "A nice weekend for Antique shopping" -Rodney Stewart
- "Buy a Gyro and watch the Blue Angels practice from Coulon Beach!" -Brian Becker
- "Stop by Sips Espresso Saturday and grab a mondo Italian Soda and some sliders from The Bistro Box, instant picnic!" -Katrina Godsey
- "Three more weekends to see our exhibit of Joanne Petrina's Duwamish photos and the ESL students' 'Found Art' exhibit!" -