It’s Thursday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Renton Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 8-11 p.m. Thurs., Aug 18 at DC's Bar & Grill, 907 South 3rd Street, Renton.
- Why Go:Normally it's $5, but tonight it's free in honor of four years of comedy at DC's. Friends, food, laughter - what are you waiting for?!?
- Cost: No cover.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sat, Aug 20 along South 3rd Avenue in downtown Renton.
- Why Go: Come to downtown Renton this Saturday and see what all the buzz is about. Artists and artisans will liven up Downtown's streets with paintings, multi-media, pottery, sculpture, crafts and photography displays from over 100 local participants. Meet the artists, explore the antiques, enjoy live music and dance performances. There will also be a cultural arts fair with live entertainment and artwork going on at Piazza Park.
- Cost: Free.
- Click to read more about the Downtown Art & Antique Walk.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at .
- Why Go: If garage sale shopping is on your agenda this weekend, you'll want to check out the Bargain Bash going on at Vision House. They'll have toys, tools, electronics, books, furniture, kitchen and household items, clothing, linens, art, collectibles, and much more! Happy hunting, hopefully you'll walk away with a treasure.
- Cost: Admission is free. All proceeds benefit Vision House, a transitional housing program for homeless men, women, and children.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Sat, Aug 20 at .Why Go: The Bark For Life is an American Cancer Society fundraising event that honors canine cancer survivors and caregivers alike in a festive, Fido-friendly environment. Highlights of the event include canine contests, pet portraits, an agility course, cancer prevention information, and a two-mile walk.
- Cost: $20 pre-registration for pet & owner, $25 day of registration for pet & owner.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. Sat, Aug 20 at the .
- Why Go: Use this Saturday to learn a little bit about Renton's past at this free tour of the Renton History Musuem. You'll get a first hand look at some of the 90,000 photo's, books, and collections of coal mining and fire-fighting artifacts that help document Renton's History. The tour is appropriate for elementary students through adults.
- Cost: Free. No reservations necessary, unless there are more then five people in your group.