It’s lighter, thinner and beautifully crafted of glass and aluminum. After buzzing rumors and anticipated hype, the new iPhone 5 is here.
Apple Inc. (AAPL) on Wednesday detailed its latest smart phone, featuring a 4-inch screen, which is 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than its predecessor, the iPhone 4s. TechCrunch has the details.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 begin Friday, Sept. 14, and Apple stores will sell the device a week later on Sept. 21.
Tech reporters have already been reviewing the smart phone and some highlights include:
- A 4-inch screen with highly sensitive touch sensors
- More networks: Runs with Sprint, Verizon and AT&T’s LTE networks
- Longer battery life: 8 hours of 3G talk time and 8 hours of 3G and LTE web browsing
- Three microphones in the mix: one on the front, one on the back, and another on the bottom
- New mini Dock Connector “Lightnin”: its digital and has eight pins
- Camera: 40 percent faster image capturing, will support panoramic photos and shared photo streams
Are you impressed by the iPhone 5? What are your favorite features? Or do you think it’s too similar to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s? Let us know in the comments.