King Buffet re-opened December 17, 2012 at 2:30 p.m. following a three-day closure for food safety violations, according to the King County Health Department.
A King County Food Inspector shut down King Buffet, located at 20 SW 7th St., on Friday, December 14 for a long list of food safety violations, including:
- Potentially hazardous foods at unsafe temperatures
- Improper cooling of potentially hazardous food
- Inadequate facilities to control temperature of potentially hazardous food, cold holding
- Foods not protected from cross-contamination
- Poor personal hygiene practices, including employees’ failure to wash hands
- Improper sanitizing of equipment and utensils
- Inaccessible handwashing facilities
- Toxic items not properly stored/labeled; i.e. unapproved insecticides, unlabeled/mislabeled spray bottles
- Imminent health hazard: possible ongoing foodborne illness outbreak
As of Monday morning, King Buffet remained closed. Patch called for comment, but the phone wasn’t answered and there was no message machine. The restaurant will be reopened once the inspector confirms that all issues have been resolved. Check back for an update on when King Buffet will re-open.
Have you eaten at King Buffet? Was the food OK, or did you get sick? Did you see any questionable activities on the part of the employees?