- When/Where: Satday, May 5 at 8a.m.-3p.m., Vision House, 450 Bremerton Ave NE
- Why Go: All proceeds benefit Vision House, a transitional housing program for homeless men, women, and children. Sale items include: Furniture, Home and Office Equipment; Lamps; Large Silk Plants; TVs; Rugs; Toys; Framed Art; Garden Furniture; Garden Tools; Exercise Equipment; Luggage; Sporting Goods; Tools.
- Cost: Admission is free.
Kentucky Derby at Berliner Pub
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 at 3 p.m., Berliner Pub
- Why Go: Watch the Kentucky Derby while enjoying good food, good beer and good company. Derby Hats encouraged.
- Cost: No Cover (check menu for food prices)
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 from 9 a.m. to noon in the parking lot of Sam’s Club.
- Why Go: Join the City of Renton and Renton Police Department in the parking lot at 901 S Grady way for a FREE document shredding event on Saturday, May 5, from 9 a.m. to noon (or until the truck is full). Bring up to five boxes containing paper documents to be destroyed in a truck-mounted shredder. Boxes should be 12 to 15 inches deep and 10 inches high, or bring the amount of paper that would fit in a box that size. Documents should be free of paper clips and other metal (staples do not need to be removed). Plastic items such as credit cards, notebooks and CDs cannot be accepted. Documents are limited to household papers, and will be shredded on site. Iron Mountain will provide the shredding services and the Renton Police Department will provide information related to identity theft. Donations of canned goods will be accepted for the .
- Cost: Free
Spring Festival at the Piazza
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5 at the Piazza from noon to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: It’s nearly Farmer’s Market season, so here’s an annual event to whet you appetite for Renton’s outdoor open market. Browse vendors, food, entertainment and enjoy fun for the whole family. For more information, contact Linda Middlebrooks at 206-919-9746
- Cost: No Admission.
Downtown Poker Run
- When/Where: Saturday, May 5. Register at the Piazza starting at noon.
- Why Go: The poker run is a great way to explore all that Downtown Renton has to offer. Prizes will be given for the best hand.
- Cost: Suggested donation of $1 or canned food for the Salvation Army.
- When/Where: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Why Go: Come on out and taste through the newly released 2010 wine from Renton's own award winning winery - Cedar River Cellars. We'll provide snacks and plenty of entertainment for the little ones in your family.
- Cost: Admission is free; wine for purchase.
- When/Where: Sunday, May 6 at 3 p.m., Carco Theatre
- Why Go: Young local young musicians have been working on this show since January. Enjoy a wonderful selection of pieces. Conducted by Alexei Girsh.
- Cost: Call 425-430-6700 / 425-430-6707 for ticket information.