Today's Renton Farmers Market marks the half-way point of the season. So far we've covered recipes for , , , and the
Here's the line up for today's market, Tuesday, July 23, 3 - 7 p.m.:
- Taste of Renton: 4:30 - 5 p.m.
- Entertainment: Clallam County 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Kid's Patch: 3 - 6 p.m.
- Master Gardener Clinic: 3 - 6:15 p.m.
This week's recipe, courtesy of the Renton Farmers Market, is for savory roasted carrots. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs of 5 inch long baby carrots, carefully washed, patted dry, greens cropped to 1 inch above top of carrot
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, cut lengthwise (root to top) into 8-12 wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, or 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Gently toss together the carrots, red onion, rosemary to coat with the olive oil. Lay out on a rimmed baking pan, lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes on middle rack or bottom rack, until well browned.