Although fall is not quite yet in the air, it is official here: September 22 is the Autumnal Equinox.
Shorter days and longer nights allow for costumed goblins and gouls, pumpkin carving, apple cider pressing and corn maze meandering.
Here is a list of King County farms that welcome visitors to enjoy all that the fall harvest has to offer:
- Camp Korey at Carnation Farm - Pumpkin patch, This year the annual Fall Festival is a one weekend event taking place on Oct. 13thand 14th from 10 am to 4 pm at Camp Korey at Carnation Farm.
- Fox Hollow Family Farm - Fox Hollow holds a Halloween Carnival Oct. 20, 21, and 31, with games, trick-or-treating, and pumpkins for sale. See the event calendar on the website for more details. Located at 12031 Issaquah-Hobart Road SE in Issaquah.
- Carpinito Brothers Farm - U-Pick pumpkin patch and corn maze, tractor-pulled hay rides, 6868 S. 277th St., Kent. Open daily from Sept. 28th-Halloween. Pumpkin Patch Hours: 9am- Dusk. Corn Maze Hours: 9am- 1 hour before Dusk.
- Dr. Maze's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm - Pumpkin patch-pick in the field, corn maze, tractor-pulled hay rides, farm market, food, restrooms, picnic area, farm animals, 15410 NE 124th St., Redmond. Dr. Maze's is holding an opening for its new Farmyard September 14-16. It will be open Friday and Saturday from 10 to 8, and Sunday from 10 to 6. October hours are Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Enciso Family Farms - Pumpkin patch-pick in the field, food, picnic area,19417 196th Ave. SE, Renton. *Hours listed are Sat-Sun 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., but the farm no longer has a website.
- Fall City Farms- Pumpkins, pumpkin patch-pick in the field, 3636 Neal Road, Fall City, October pumpkin patch opens Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012! Farm Store Hours for October 2012:Open Wednesday and Thursday 12-6, Friday and Saturday 10-6, Sundays 11-5. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Jubilee Farm - Pumpkins, horse-drawn covered-wagon rides, hay rides, hay-bale maze, 229 W. Snoqualmie River Rd. NE, Carnation. Open from 10 am - 5 pm every Saturday and Sunday during October.
- Mosby Farm- Farm Stand and CSA – This year's details weren't up yet at the time of posting, so check the website before you go. 12747-b South East Green Valley Road, Auburn.
- Remlinger Farms – Tickets for the Fall Festival are on sale, 32610 NE 32nd St., Carnation. It's Open Sept. 29 – Oct. 28 this year for the annual Fall Pumpkin Harvest Festival. Festival hours are weekends from 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 PM. – Admission gate closes one hour prior to finishing time. Weekday tours are available – guided and self guided tours available by reservation only.
- Thomasson Family Farm - Pumpkins, a harvest festival and more, 38223 236th Ave. SE, Enumclaw. Starting Oct. 1, open Daily 9:30 am till 5:30 pm. Nighttime corn maze open to the public on Oct. 28-29 from
7 pm to 10 pm. * no reservations required.
- A Pumpkin Patch at Trinity Tree Farm - Pumpkins for sale in the shop or farm stand, pumpkin patch-pick in the field, 14237 228th Ave. SE, Issaquah. Open daily for the 2012 Fall Harvest from Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012 through Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012. Hours: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm - Open every day.
- V2Farm - Corn maze, pumpkin patch, 20613 SE 436th St., Enumclaw.