Round up the kids and head on down to the Renton Farmers Market, where it's 'Western Day.' Put on a pair of Levis, jean shorts or skirt, your best cowboy boots, plaid shirt and straw hat in honor of the occassion.
Kick up your heels to tunes by The Sundowners from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. and try Panera Bread during 'Taste of Renton,' from 4:30 - 5 p.m.
In addition to the Master Gardener Clinic and the Kid's Patch, , be sure to stop by the Community Booth that will feature South County Cats this week.
Renton Farmers Market, Tuesday, August 28 from 3 - 7 p.m.
- Taste of Renton: 4:30 - 5 p.m.
- Entertainment: The Sundowners 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Kid's Patch: 3 - 6 p.m.
- Master Gardener Clinic: 3 - 6:15 p.m.
Our last Farmers Market recipe featured . The forecast calls for temperatures in the low-to-mid-70s throughout the week. Plan ahead, and this Farmers Market favorite requires little to no heat to put on the table.
Almond Chicken Salad
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
- 2 cups chopped, pre-cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- In a large bowl, mix together the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro and almonds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dray mustard until smooth. Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated. Serve in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.